Pigmentation can be a troubling issue for many. At Koa Skin using the most current proven treatments with only the highest trained professionals we have a treatment program that can combat the appearance of various types of pigmentation. Our treatment aims to reduce the colour of pigmented lesions caused by sun damage. IPL will provide a gradual and natural improvement to the skin that with appropriate after care, will provide long lasting results. Sun damage typically seen on the back of hands, decolletage and face usually respond well.
- One treatment can show excellent results, although it is recommended to have 3 treatments at 2-3 weekly intervals for optimal results.
- A doctors letter confirming that there is no skin cancer present in the treatment area is REQUIRED prior to treatment commencement.
What to Expect:
- Pigmented areas will darken noticeably within a few hours post treatment.
- The skin may have a 'dirty' look, which may last from 3-10 days.
- The skin may be slightly swollen, which may only last a few hours.
- Apply a cool compress if required 1 - 2 hours after treatment to relieve any swelling or sensation.
- Apply healing lotion as advised by us. Either pure aloe vera gel (if bought, make sure there is no additives, such as green dye - we have pure gel in clinic), or from an actual aloe vera plant (if you have one). Aspect Post Treatment Balm is a fantastic product to use post IPL. We always have supply in clinic. Apply aftercare gel liberally and frequently until completely healed.
- Do not scratch or pick at the treatment area, this is tender skin and must be treated with care!
- No hot showers for the first 24 hours after treatment - lukewarm/tepid temperatures are fine.
- NO SUNBURN! - This is imperative THROUGHOUT YOUR TREATMENT PROCESS. You can end up with major scarring or pigmentation as a result. WE WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANYONE IGNORING THIS NOTICE. You will receive this information prior to your treatment commencing and it will be given in your aftercare information. Failure to comply with this will result in further treatment being denied by us and we will not be liable for you failing to comply.
- Use 30+ sunscreen DAILY, regardless if you are planning to be in the sun or not.
- Do NOT expose the area to direct sun for up to 6 weeks AFTER the treatment course finishes.
- Wear protective clothing to keep out of sun exposure.
- No sweaty workouts, spa, steam room or strenuous activity for 24 hours post treatment.
- Mineral make up (if applying to the treated area) ONLY for the first 24 hours post treatment.
Please note a test patch is mandatory for ALL patients
Test patch 30 - redeemable off 1st treatment
Spot Treatment 70 - per 5 mins
Full Face 250